Todays quote

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates



Monday, September 10, 2012

Austin Texas

Looking down Congress Street
 I'm in Austin Texas this week for a startup of a new site




 Buc-ee's is reported to be the biggest gas station in the world. 60 Fueling positions, 32+ point of sale terminals.
It's as big as a Wal-Mart inside!




 After along day at the site, Mike and I stopped by the 'Salt Lick Barbeque'.

Here in Austin, the smoke over Oak, with Pecan
 This place is a local institution
This brisket is just about ready!
 I was discussing grilling technique with the guys workin' the grill and next thing I know they're pressing me for my secrets and insisting I show them how it's done!






I had to get a picture of this for my daughter-in-law Sonia


The Salt Lick BBQ










No comments:

Post a Comment